A Reflection on 2016 For A More Fulfilling 2017
2016 is coming to an end. How do you feel? Do you feel fulfilled? Have you expanded in ways that you didn’t know were possible?
One of the things I’ve become hyper-sensitive to is living in mediocrity. For me, this feels like Groundhogs Day. Or, even moreso, I feel that dreaded wash-rinse-repeat feeling when I can go through the day or tasks with my eyes closed because I know it so well.
I’m turning 40 at the end of the year, so it hit me a while back that time goes quickly. We’re here for a nano second. This past month, I committed to really living on my edge. Now some of these examples may not feel like an edge to you, but they’re my edge. By sharing them, it’s my intention to give you a different perspective on how you’re viewing your own growth — especially as you look back and measure yourself against 2016.
Here’s how I lived on my edge these past couple of weeks in 2016:
- I took a week off in December and went to London, which required surrendering all control around the children and trusting that their homework and all trains would still run on time (and they did).
- I taught a workshop to 25 women in digital media (my former industry) and let go of the fear that they may not see me as a powerful coach who helps women live to their potential, and instead only as an media exec since that’s how they knew me for 15 years.
- I set new boundaries around self-care and have committed to working out three times a week for a full hour. No. Matter. What.
- I had a day this week where I really ‘needed’ to hunker down and work on an upcoming program I’m doing in 2017, but mother nature was calling as was meaningful connections with my boys. We went skiing. That felt edgy for me. I abandoned my work, took all 3 boys on my own and skied in the rain. It was good fun.
- I invited a woman I admire to co-teach a workshop with me in January! She intimidates me, but I just knew that our gifts combined would really serve women. So I asked her, and she said YES. What I don’t want you to know about me is that I’m still nervous. But, that’s okay. That means I’m stretching myself. I LOVE that feeling. Don’t you?!
When I get on my edge, I put the life back inside of me. I bring my whole self into the world, and I feel unstoppable. I feel on purpose, and I feel in alignment. I’m living my truth. 2017 is almost here. Are you going to choose to live on your edge? If so, what would that look like? Who would you need to be in order to do so?
I’m right there with you. Those of us who ride on the edge find others doing the same. We’re a sisterhood, and it feels so good to know there are other women out there striving to experience ALL of who they’re here to become.
Go for it. I want to hear all about it.
P.S. I created a very cool end of the year mini retreat review for my clients to assist them in reflecting on who they were in 2016 and who they want to become in 2017. If you this is of interest to you, please email me and I’ll gift it to you (email@example.com). This is for the ladies who are super committed to experiencing their full potential in 2017.Tags: joy, Life Life, Perspective, Self Care.